Thursday, March 21, 2013

Weeks 19-20


These last two weeks have been wonderful.  I was able to stop taking Zofran, and John and I had been anxiously awaiting the ultrasound scheduled for Friday, March 15.  Ironically enough, two weeks before the ultrasound I received a letter informing me I have Jury Duty on March 15 at 10:00am.  After panicking a bit, I called and was excused! 
John and I decided we would find out the gender of our baby in the ultrasound.  We planned a reveal party for Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins for later that evening.  We couldn't wait to share the news with family! 
We took Taylor to the ultrasound so she could see the baby.  I know when she thinks "baby" she thinks it's a baby she can hold.  I tried to prepare her, she would get to see this baby on "TV."  She does love going to the "baby's doctor." 
We arrived for our appointment and were immediately taken back for the ultrasound.  My heart was racing.  We were excited about finding out the gender, but I also wanted to know that our baby is healthy. 
The ultrasound was great.  The technician measured, clicked, took pictures, and explained what we were looking at.  Taylor wasn't in to it at all.  She had no idea what that black and white skeleton looking thing was on the TV.  Oh well.  John and I loved every minute!  Our baby was very active, just like Taylor was three years ago.  But this time I didn't drink a Coke before.  Just a banana! 
About five minutes into the ultrasound, she asked if we wanted to know the gender.  We said yes.  She said, "It's a boy!"  We were shocked, A BOY!  We told Taylor, she stared blankly.  She'll get it soon enough. 
The ultrasound turned out to reveal a healthy baby boy.  Everything looks great, and measurements are right on with my due date.  We are so thankful and praise the Lord. 
 
That evening around 7pm our family gathered for the big reveal.  (see video below)  The votes for boy were 8 and girl were 3.  Taylor was perfect.  She opened the box and out popped the BLUE balloon.  What a great moment to share with our family! 
 
 
Friday, March 15, 2013
Taylor revealing to family, "It's a BOY!"
 
 
On Monday, I took Taylor into my third grade classroom so she could reveal the gender to my students.  (see picture and video below)  This time all the eyes on her made her a little nervous.  She helped me open the box and share the BLUE with students.  
 
Monday, March 18, 2013
Taylor revealing to my third grade students, "It's a BOY!"
 
 I have a quick video of Taylor revealing to my students that we are expecting a baby boy in August. 
 
 
We have had such a fun few weeks together as a family.  I'm feeling better, and we can now start thinking about boy names!  Nonna and I have already purchased a few outfits for Baby Boy Warren.  I can't wait to get his nursery ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment