Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Week 26

On May 28, my students surprised me with the sweetest baby shower!  We were heading out to recess and my room mom called all my kids into this small meeting room.  I thought she was doing something for the end of the year.  Then she called me in.  I walked in and there were all my cute little girls screaming "SURPRISE!"  I was definitely surprised and so excited!  We had cake, punch, and strawberries.  I opened gifts and we had a great time.  One mom made an outfit for our little girl!  It is the cutest little shirt and pants I have ever seen!  She also made a diaper bag that is the same fabric as the pants.  So cute!  I got a few other sweet gifts and a nice gift card to Babies R Us.  A few of them also gave me a basket of diapers, wipes, and little things that all babies need.  So sweet of them to think of me and our baby!
On May 29, I surprised John with a night out in Charlotte.  He didn't know it until we got there, but we were celebrating our one year engagement!  :)  We took the Blue Line to uptown Charlotte.  We got off and walked to the restaurant Cosmos and had a nice dinner.  A year ago, after John proposed in a limo, Cosmos is where he had our families waiting to surprise me and celebrate with us!  All the memories came back as we were having dinner.  We even pointed out the table where our families were sitting.  I can still see all the smiles and all the tears.  It was truly a night to remember.  Who knew that one year after our engagement, we'd be sitting in the same restaurant, 7 months pregnant?!  It was so sweet to have our little girl with us (even if only in my belly!).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment