Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 25

We are blessed that everything continues to go well in pregnancy.  Everyday I can feel our baby girl more and more.  She is constantly kicking or poking, which I love!  The other night I felt her on both sides of my belly!  I guess she was kicking on one side and punching on the other.  It was precious, and just confirmed how big she's getting!  I can't believe that she's already over a pound and a half in weight and about 13.5 inches in length!  It seems like just yesterday that she was compared to the size of a sesame seed!  How quickly they grow!

Funny story...the other night in Home Depot, a lady was telling me her husband makes belly bands (he's in textiles).  She said, "But you look like you're carrying small so you probably won't need one."  I was so thankful for this comment.  I, of course, feel gigantic!!  So her "you're carrying small" made me feel great!  But...at work a few days later a woman asked  when I was due.  I told her September and she said, "I don't know that you're going to make it!"  So the high I was feeling with being told I was small was quickly squished by her, "you don't look like you'll make it."

Today, May 24, another parent at school told me I looked adorable, but she didn't know how I would make it to the next school year!  Oh well...it's a great thing that our baby is growing and that my belly is getting bigger. 

So I'm quickly starting to worry about this summer and the dreaded heat.  I already get hot so I can't imagine 90-100 weather.  I am really looking forward to seeing how low I can get our house temperature and how high I can get our electric bill!!  :) 

This weekend we took our little girl for her first beach swim.  She also seemed to enjoy the boat ride up and down the Intercoastal Waterway.  John and I had a great time cruising around enjoying the sun! 

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm only a few weeks ahead of you, but when I read your blog I find myself thinking "me too!". You are well on your way and getting closer and closer. Take each and every comment made and let it slide. YOU know your body best and everybody around us are merely observering the BEAUTIES of the miracle of life. You will continue to make mothering your little girl a beautiful experience with the positive attitude you have :) can't wait to see you soon....hopefully! We're at 33 weeks - I hear ya on being hot!!! hahah! ~Sarah and Mike

    ReplyDelete