Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week 38

Things continue to go well as we anxiously await the arrival of our little princess.  :)  Taylor is still very active, and she feels so big!  I'm a little concerned....the last doctor estimated that she'd be around 8 pounds 1 ounce.  This honestly sounds like a good size to me.  Collins babies tend to be VERY big!  Luckily we have the Warren's to balance us out!  I'm just hoping she can fit into her newborn outfits for a week or so.  They're so little and so cute!
This past Friday I had a little scare.  Not really a scare, but a sense that this could be the day!  For a few days I'd been experiencing some...let's just say "I was uncomfortable and sore."  It hurt to lift my legs, get up from sitting, move...  So I called the doctor and they said all was normal.  I  had an appointment that afternoon, and I just knew they were going to say I had dilated, maybe even enough to be admitted to the hospital.  First time mom...what else can I say!  So the doctor did the exam and......NOTHING!  I am effacing (but they told me that two weeks ago!).  He said I'd probably go a "couple" more weeks, which would actually take me up to my due date.  So, now we just sit and wait.
I guess little Taylor is happy and comfy in her little home.  But we are so excited to see her!!!!  So hopefully little girl Warren will decide to make her way out in the next two weeks.  I can't believe I'm due next Friday!  One and a half weeks to go!
My third grade team at GHES threw a wonderful shower for me today!  I am so blessed to work with such kind, caring people.  We had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment