Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weeks 6-11

Since we're getting a late start on this blog, I'll merge weeks 6-11. Honestly, I'm not sure I would have been able to post during this time. My life consisted mostly of work, couch, and bed. This is the first picture we took of my pregnancy, at Week 9. 
The first week of pregnancy I felt great. Then with week 6 came nausea! I know they call it morning sickness...but it didn't end...it just continued. They say with a sick pregnancy comes a healthy baby. We pray that's true!
These six weeks consisted primarily of me working, coming home to the couch, and heading to bed pretty early. In the beginning I ate frosted mini wheats for breakfast, lots of crackers throughout the day, baked potatoes for lunch, and grilled cheese for dinner. Later I switched to waffles in the morning (still loving these), fruit and crackers for snack, baked potato (almost every day) for lunch, and cheese toast for dinner.
John and I were able to take off to the beach for Valentine's weekend. I felt good enough to visit Knots Landing, where we were married, and we went to dinner. It was a great weekend. I thought I might even be feeling better.
February 16 John and I were able to hear the heartbeat! The doctor used the doppler so it was very hard to distinguish. Hearing our babies heartbeat confirmed, for us, that everything about the pregnancy was going well and progressing wonderfully. When we were checking out, John proceeded to tell me that he in fact had not heard the heartbeat. He heard my heartbeat and thought that was the babies. By the time he realized that was my heartbeat, the doctor had removed the doppler. :( So, for now, John will have to take the doctor's word that things are good. :)
That week my nausea got a little worse and I was sick a few days. Although disappointing to feel so bad, hearing the heartbeat reminded me that I'm making a baby! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment