Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sharing the News

The day of the doctors appointment I called and told my bestest friend Amanda that we were expecting. And how fun is it that she's also expecting?! She was the only person I could call because we'd be telling our parents in person.

The next day we told my parents that we were heading to Columbia for a meeting and wanted to have dinner with them afterwards. We met them at Cracker Barrel. At our table we handed them a picture frame that said "Grandkids." They looked at it and didn't say anything. Then they said thanks...I guess they thought it was just a gift! I just kept staring at mom and she finally said, "This doesn't have any meaning behind it, does it?" FINALLY, I thought! Yes, there's a meaning behind it...you all have one grandkid and the frame says "GrandkidS!" They were both really excited! I think surprised that we got pregnant so quickly...we'd been married for 2 months! :)
That night on the way home we stopped at Jessica and Ronnie's to share the news. We gave them a "Cousins" frame. Ronnie already knew (no comment) and Jess knew right away what the frame meant. Jackson will have a little cousin to play with!! 
The next day we shared with John's parents, his sister, and brother-in-law. John had a great idea to get them all together.  He told them we had received our wedding pictures and wanted to share with all of them.  So we all met at the Warren's for dinner.  I wanted to tell right away, but John was very patient and we waited for a little while.  When we were all in the kitchen about to eat dinner, we handed out the same frames "Grandkids" and "Cousins".  (This will be their second grandchild and Dylan's first cousin!)  Jennifer knew when she saw the frame (she said she knew that day what we were going to share!).  Debbie and Parks looked really excited to receive a cute frame.  Parks said, after a while, what's that say?  Grandkids.  Parks said are you pregnant.  Debbie looked up with the biggest eyes I've ever seen.  I said yes and there reaction was priceless.  Debbie kept saying "Oh my God...Oh my God!"  Needless to say, they were both thrilled and completely shocked. 
Sharing the news with family was one of the most exciting experiences of my life.  I will remember our parents reactions forever.  They were precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment